Some of the recipes featured are…
- Coca-Cola Cake from Carver’s Country Kitchen
- Warm Peach Cobbler (served in a mason jar)
- Peanut Butter Pie (from famous Mary Mac’s Tea Room)
- Aria’s S’mores
- Taqueria Los Hermanos’ Tres Leches Cake
- Woodfire Grill’s Apple Crisp
- Rathbun’s Gooey Toffee Cake
- Georgia Muscadine Trio from the Dining Room
- Pecan Pie with Ginger Whipped Cream from Wisteria
- Lemon Poppyseed Cake from Babette’s Café
- Fried Oreos (featured on the cover)
The Atlanta Classic Desserts cookbook is an easy way to keep all of the city’s best recipes at your fingertips and kick your home cooked desserts up a notch.
Here’s the product description…
While Atlanta may be a city of change and transformation–its symbol is, after all, a phoenix–it also has an impressive legacy of unforgettable food. Southern cuisine with a twist, Atlanta’s culinary offerings mirror the city itself: sophisticated and diverse, flexible but distinctive. This charming gift cookbook presents the wild variety of Atlanta’s sweet side, featuring desserts from the city’s best restaurants and chefs. As much a restaurant guide as it is a cookbook, this beautiful collection of irresistible recipes includes lighthearted anecdotes and histories for each dessert, restaurant, and chef included.
Organized by type of dessert–Candy, Cookies & Doughnuts; Pies, Cobblers & Tarts; Puddings & Custards; Ice Cream, Ices & Gelato; and, of course, Cakes–the recipes in this collection highlight the rich and varied offerings of Atlanta.