I must confess that I am a cheese lover. It is one of the staples I keep in the refrigerator since just about everything tastes better with cheese. After making this dish from the OK Café for Christmas dinner, I think I have found my new favorite recipe for macaroni and cheese.
This recipe was a hit. I occasionally make macaroni and cheese for Sunday dinners and almost always for the holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter). The dish is super rich because of the half and half, whole milk and heavy cream but boy is it worth the extra calories!
From the menu of . . .
1284 W. Paces Ferry Road
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Pinch cayenne pepper (I used regular pepper.)
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt (I used regular table salt.)
- 1/2 tablespoon ranch seasoning
- 10 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 5 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, grated (I used a combo pack of Colby and Monterey Jack.)
- 5 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated
Get the instructions and nutritional information for OK Café’ Triple Cheese Macaroni on Eveningedge.com.